Mary Atwater's Recipe Book
CD Click for Purchase Information and CD Helps
Shuttle Craft Bulletin Page The Bulletin information is available on this page.
January 2015 Inspired Fiber Art (Gallery Show) Call for Entries Announcement
To download the latest newsletter -- look above where it has the month, year and click/double click on the text. When your cursor turns to a hand cursor, you have found a link on a website.
September Guild Party/Meeting
What: Potluck Luncheon and Warp Painting
When: Saturday, September 13, 2014 10 am -- 4 pmWhere: Jeanette's home
Please note the RSVP
Please note the RSVP
There is a party at my house and you are all invited.
It will be held on Saturday, September 13th from 10:00 am to
4:00 pm. The address is
8789 south 910 east in Sandy.
I was gifted with a large amount of single spun linen. (Thank you Julie) It is beautiful and I want to share it with my friends.
This linen is a natural color of brown. The plan is to wind it into 3 yard warps of 100 threads. There will be three base colors provided, red, yellow, and blue. Bring the dyes you would love to use to change the color from brown to anything. But if you want to bring your own dyes, Procion type dyes are recommended. The format is similar to the Kathrin Weber workshop we did a few years ago. Those who were there will remember how much fun it was, and those who missed it will learn a new and simple technique for painting warps.
If you do not want to dye linen, bring any fiber you want to dye. One of the fun things that some people did at the Kathrin Weber’s workshop was to bring fabric to place under the warp threads to absorb the runoff colors.
Please RSVP Jeanette or Sonya if you are planning to attend and want a warp. We need to know how much linen to wind. The email for Jeanette is firstname.lastname@example.org and Sonya’s email is email@example.com
The weaving guild is providing water and soda. Please bring a chair for yourself and your favorite food dish to share.
Driving directions will be
included in the newsletter.
Driving directions will be included in the newsletter.
(Thursday, Friday, and Saturday)
(Thursday, Friday, and Saturday)
Cell phone number: __________________________________________________
Your workshop loom needs to be capable of weaving 18” with 400 heddles, plain weave.
Amount enclosed: $ _______
For further information, please call Kathleen McMaster:
Astrological Information and Getting to know you Questionnaire
Name of recipient (if other than you) _______________________________
Birth date (month, day, year)_______________________
Birth time (hour and minute) put “?” if unknown _______________
Birth place (city and state) add country if other than USA____________________
Mailing address plus zip________________________________________________
1. How long have you been weaving?
2. What kind of loom(s) do you have? And what loom will you be bringing to workshop?
3. Do you warp front to back or back to front?
4. Describe your current yarn stash (fibers? weights?)
5. What is your current favorite color(s)? least favorite color(s)?
6. What if anything is currently on your loom?
7. What do you like most about weaving?
8. What do you like the least about weaving?
9. Do you consider yourself a color, texture, or pattern weaver?
10. When you think about color in weaving, what weaver comes to mind?
11. When you think about texture in weaving, what weaver comes to mind?
12. When you think about pattern in weaving, what weaver comes to mind?
13. If you could have any loom in the world, what would it be?
14. Describe your feelings the first time you sat at the loom to weave.
15. Who has been your most significant weaving influence?
16. True or false: I tend to finish everything I start.
17. True or false: I buy yarn on a whim without any thought to how I will use it.
18. True or false: It is practically impossible to weave something ugly.
19. Describe your weaving goals.
20. Describe something in weaving you would like to try.
21. Describe something in weaving you would never do again.
22. What advice would you give to someone who wants to take up weaving?
23. Warping board or warping reel or other?
24. Reason for taking this workshop
25. What is your favorite weaving tool?
August President's Message.
The Board met this summer and put our heads together to come up with a wonderful plan for our year’s meetings and workshops and show.
Starting out In September: Jeannette has a fun dye party lined up at her house on the second Saturday, September 13 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. See her article in this newsletter describing what will happen, directions, etc.
In October we are very fortunate to have Bonnie Tarses come to teach us her “Color Horoscope Weaving: The Ultimate Color Gamp” workshop on October 16, 17, and 18. Please see Kathleen McMaster’s article and sign-up sheet for further information on the workshop.
We also have a Guild show in January 2015! Jo Stohlhand and Susan Hainsworth have been busily at work planning for this upcoming, not-to-be missed event. It is titled: “Inspired Fiber Art: Contemporary Fiber Art Inspired by Traditional Textiles.”
In February, we are planning a workshop with Joanne Hall. Beth Myrer is the chair of that event. Look to future newsletters for more information about it.
It’s September, and dues are due: $30 per year! Send your dues to Kira Masnica at 1042 Ft. Union Blvd., #138; Midvale, UT 84047.
Looking forward to another fabulous year,
Bulletin #10 is now
Shuttle Craft Bulletin #10 is now posted.
Slide Shows, PDF files. Close the little pop up window if Play does not work on your computer.
About Fibers 2013 (Guild show Photos)
Directions: Click above to open the PDF. Click on "Play" (or check mark) in lower right hand corner. The slide show is set to advance one slide every 4 seconds. You can right click on your mouse to move forward more quickly--or left click to back up. To exit, click on the ESC (escape) key on your keyboard.
To Join The Guild's Yahoo! Group Email List: follow these directions.
South Valley Unitarian Church,
Highland Drive 6876 South Highland Drive
(NW corner by KFC at 2000 East and 7200 South)
6876 South Highland Drive (NW corner by KFC at 2000 East and 7200 South)